Monday, April 02, 2007

Someday When Cherry Blossoms Bloom

I was early for work this morning. Like I normally do when I get to DC early, I drove over to West Potomac Park to relax until I have to go into the office. This time of year is always fun on that side of the Potomac because it's cherry blossom season and there are always huge crowds, even at 9:30 in the morning. As I sat in my car, enjoying a little Sirius Backspin, I watched a bunch of tourist taking in the presence of blossoms.

I guess when you live and work so close to the blossoms, you kind of become desensitized to the whole thing. I see them all the time. What's the big deal?

Now don't get me wrong. Of course I understand why they are such a big deal. I just find it funny how people come from all over to see these trees.

What I really enjoyed was the Asian tour group who I believe took no less than fifty pictures per camera/person. They took wide shots and tight shots. They took posed shots and candid shots. They took high shots and low shots. They even took close up shots of the blossoms. . . Very close up. . . I mean right on top of the flowers.


No comments: