I was asked by the TD at the Lorton Arts Foundation to help build a stage for an upcoming fundraiser featuring Baryshnikov. Of course I said yes. Well, after two days of building, which included a layer of platforms and a layer of cushioned dance floor, this brutha was worn out. I used to do this sort of thing all the time. Back at the West End, I used to carry lumber up and down that little staircase to the shop. I used to work in the shop all day and then run the show after. . . That was a long time ago I guess.
Well, here it is two days later and I'm still a little sore. You have to understand that I've been basically sitting on my butt for the past few years. Without my former theater job, I've been doing nothing.
Now, here's the cool part about the work. Since the facility is a construction site right now, I got to wear a hard hat. I was lookin' all manly. . . and sweaty. . . and dirty. . . and smelly. . .
5 comments:
Kevin is still sore too! He had fun working with you guys though!
That's the way we like you....all manly....all sweaty....all dirty.....and all smelly.
This post with all the ... and the ... and don't forget the ... sounds like a set up for picture!
i post in a week is NOT big blogger material- did the readers make a mistake????
I get no comments from "the follow spot" anymore. Then when he finally decides to comment, it's a critique. Don't let me have to get Currameng on you.
Post a Comment