Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Saturday Night At The Graveyard

I had the pleasure of hanging out with some of my good friends this past Saturday. Ryan, Lori, Bill, Caren, Bud, and I enjoyed a fun evening over in Old Town Alexandria.

The evening started out at the Hard Times Cafe where we feasted on some pretty tasty chili. I had Frito chili pie for the first time ever. Mmmm! Frito chili pie! ! ! Oh, and I also presented Lori with her lottery scratchers, her prize for winning the BRUDOG HAVEN'S MY FAVORITE POST CONTEST. Here she is excepting her prize. Look how excited that horse is. It's literally frozen from excitement.

So, after the Hard Times, we walked down to Market Square for Alexandria's Ghost and Graveyard Tour. For those not familiar with it, the city offers ghost tours during October. Guides wearing colonial costumes take you around Old Town and tell you ghost legends and stories of ghost sitings. It's very fun. Part of the tour even takes you through a graveyard. And, you also learn a little history in the process.

Now, here's the scaaaaariest part of our tour. As we crossed Lee St., we saw a most frightening sight. It was a child's jacket draped over a fire hydrant. But, there were nooooo children to be found. . . Or were there? OOOOOOOOO! Man, that was some scary s#!+. Whoa! I'm still shaking.


BTW, Lori had the best one liner of the evening. We were walking down the street when I accidentally stepped in the dirt around one of those small trees that line the street. Well, since it had rained all day, my shoe sunk in and I ended up tripping. Peggy, our guide said, "Careful! We don't want any new ghost tonight!" We all laughed. Then Lori added, "Don't worry Antonio. We'd come back and visit your ghost every year!" That Lori cracks me up.

A good time was had by all. Thanks guys for making it a fun evening!

4 comments:

Ron Curameng said...

We did that Ghost Tour thing at Williamsburg after dinner with the rest of Aria's 5th grade class last year. Most of the chaperones and kids had to stop and go to the restroom due to walking around during the Ghost Tour AFTER dinner. That was stupid idea! A couple of chaperones were passing gas during the tour. Aria turns to me and says, "Eww! Someone pass gas!" I said, It must be the ghost on the ghost tour! Not just scary, BUT smelly! Hmmm..(Sniff, Sniff) Is that pumpkin pie?

Antonio said...

I was worried about ordering chili at the Hard Times Cafe for that very reason. Then I saw that the chili doesn't automatically comes with beans. So, I went ahead and ordered it. I didn't want to be tootin' on the tour.

Lori said...

Antonio, I have to agree a good time was had by all. Good job planning a fun time. But credit must be given where credit is due. It was actually Caren who had the funny line about visiting you every year. I just kept repeating it because I thought it was so damn funny!!

Antonio said...

Oh oops! I thought is was you Lori. Sorry Caren.