Friday, June 26, 2009

Filmdom

Some of you long time Haven Dwellers may remember a former blog that was part of The Follow Spot Blogger Network called Filmdom written by our good friend Ryan. Well, Ryan has come out of semi-retirement once again to write another feature post for BruDog Haven.


Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (AKA-Revenge of the 3 Stooges)

Pardon me while I wipe the cobwebs from my keyboard so that I can come out of retirement to write this review for Brudog Haven. Now, let me just tell you I’m not a big fan of Michael Bay, actually I’m not a fan at all. “Pearl Harbor” was a mess, “Armageddon” was not gettin’ it, I did, somewhat, enjoy “The Rock”. So moving on. That doesn’t, however, stop me from seeing his movies. I get some enjoyment, sometimes, of watching shit blow-up. And let me tell you, shit blows the eff up in this music video disguised as a movie!!!

The first “Transformers” was ok, I actually own it, I’m ashamed to say, but it was fun. It reminded me of my childhood in every possible way. This movie is more. Then heaped in more, more. Also, this movie tries to fool you with its “comedy”. What I mean is, instead of true character development you get lots and lots of stupid jokes. When I say stupid, I mean like the studio heads-that-greenlit -“Paul Blart:Mall Cop,”-stupid. I liked the 3 stooges, but this is just ri-donk-ulous. I won’t even go into the twin autobots that are so racist, it’s not even worth the sentence I just wrote.

Now you’re all saying, “well, it’s “TRANSFORMERS” idiot! What do you expect?” Well, I expect to be on the edge of my seat with anticipation of the world coming to an end, so that I can care when the MOVIE comes to end, and Optimus Prime kicks some major ass! The problem is, it’s non-stop-same-action. The action in the beginning is the action in the end. I would say that the action building up to the ending is so much better than the end. I felt like the screen sharted at the end, it just absolutely fell flat.

You know what though? I’ll totally go see the 3rd movie, cause’ we all know there will be one. Hell, it made $16 million dollars at midnight shows on Tuesday, alone.

So, it was okay, it’s loud, it has some magnificent CGI by ILM, and wow does shit blow-up while jokes are being thrown at you left and right. It is what it is, I just wished it would have had more plot and character so that I would have cared about the outcome. I think John Turturro’s character says it best in the movie. I’m not going to paraphrase, but when he says the line about plot, you’ll know what I mean.

Until never, constant readers of Brudog Haven, this is Ryan the Dean, saying Peace the eff out!
GRADE:C-

1 comment:

Ron Curameng said...

Welcome back, Ryan! I have not seen Transformers 2 yet...But I will keep all you said in mind.