So, the other day I did an all Rankin/Bass TV day. Christmas just isn't Christmas without a Rankin and Bass animation. I love them all, but my favorite is Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, and that is what I'll be talking about today.
Like I said, I love this special, although I laugh every time I watch it. It's so dated and so wrong. Here are some things I'd like you to note next time you watch this special:
- Santa is very impatient.
- Santa chastises Rudolph for being different, then makes him feel guilty when he comes back home to discover that everyone is out looking for him.
- Donner actually tells his son Rudolph that you can't have self respect if you are different.
- Searching for missing children is man's work.
- Santa is mean.
- Donner is mean.
- Coach Comet is mean.
- Clarice's father is mean.
And let me leave you with this thought:
- Why are there only six reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh. Isn't this special based on a song that mentions eight reindeer. And don't they mention eight reindeer twice in the special.
Merry Christmas from BruDog Haven!
No comments:
Post a Comment