Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Why Me?

Some of you already know that I was in a car accident the other day. Someone sideswiped me.

I filed a claim with their insurance company. Their insurance company then got their statement in which they accepted fault. I was glad because that meant that this wouldn't be dragged out, although in the back of my head I kept thinking that this was going way too easy.

Well that little voice was right. I find out today that the person has changed their statement and now claims that I am at fault. After they already accepted fault.

So now I have to file a claim with my insurance company, which of course means that this will probably go to arbitration.

If you are familiar with the area, this happened over at memorial circle in front of Arlington Cemetery. The traffic pattern there is horrible if you don't know where you are going. I know that traffic pattern like the back of my hand. I've driven it almost every day for the past twelve years.

This totally reminds me of about fourteen years ago when someone totalled my car and then sued me for $50,000.

People suck.

4 comments:

Krissy Doyle said...

Give em' hell Antonio!

Mary said...

Yes sometimes they do. Sorry

Joey said...

Fight 'em in court. I'll help you. If they're not being honourable citizens... that's exactly why small claims court exists. We'll talk about it at KC, if you want. If nothing else- it'll give you some good blogging material for a couple of weeks!

Mary said...

Merry Christmas Antonio!