This is a shot of the "Wall Of Honor" leading up to the entrance of the museum. There are names of pioneers and enthusiasts etched on those panels on the sides.

These are a few shots I took inside the museum. I didn't take many interior pictures because it's a little dark in the certain areas. I assume that's to preserve the items on display.
Next, it was on to the planes outside. This is an interesting shot because. . . well. . . I used to be a white man until I stuck my face in the back of that jet engine. I had wondered what that "beware of blast" meant.
The plane below actually belonged to The Flintstones. If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you will notice feet under the plane which is how they get the plane going down the runway. . . I is highlarious!
Also, WRC's traffic copter was on display. I need to get me one of those to get to and from work.
They also had a few military aircraft including this huge cargo plane which, we found out from one of the crewmen, was used to transport Shamu.
This is a shot of the cargo plane taken from the wing of a midair refueling plane. You could actually go into both planes and sit in the cockpit. The cargo plane was so huge that you actually had to climb up a steep staircase to get to the cockpit.
I must say, the whole thing was pretty cool. . . Actually, it wasn't very cool. It was fairly hot out. The heat inside the cargo plane and the refueler was like a sauna. But, I have to tell you, it was worth it. How often do you get to go into the cockpit of a military plane. I'll definitely go back next year. Thanks for the great idea Joey!

3 comments:
You make me jealous.
It was so fun hanging out with you guys that day! Don't forget the games at our house. "Will Smith"! BTW, great song matching with the post! :)
After the field trip, Krissy and Kevin had us over for dinner and games. She's the best host.
Oh, and Mary, I get jealous when I see your post about your annual beach camping trip. I'll be looking forward to that this year as always!
Post a Comment