Monday, July 14, 2008

Childhood Memories

We had an interesting and fun conversation at work yesterday about certain foods we don't like to eat because of their textures. Ryan and Dena mentioned how they don't like the texture of coconut. I mentioned that I don't like tapioca. I also mentioned that, because of the texture, it was years before I tried clams. For some reason everyone laughed at me for saying that. . .

Anyway, somehow the conversation ended up on pigs feet, which I have never liked and never wanted to eat. Why you ask? Well, I remember as a kid thinking how, when I would see pigs feet in a store, it looked like "white people feet".






I guess I felt I was justified in calling them "white people feet" because. . . , well. . . it was probably my answer to the phrase "n!@@&r toes". BTW, Ryan had never heard of "n!@@&r toes". I thought everyone had heard of them. Am I the only one.

10 comments:

Brandon said...

I have never heard of it. I have never been into eating white people feet either!

Lori said...

Me either Antonio. Don't know the phrase have never eaten white people feet.

Debi said...

That is laugh out loud funny!!! Debi

Debi said...

Pork the other white meat!!!

Ron Curameng said...

I LOVE EATING PIG FEET!!!

Ron Curameng said...

I LOVE EATING COCONUT!!!

Ron Curameng said...

I LOVE EATING TAPIOCA!!!

Sabra said...

Never heard anything like that!

How do you feel about Chicken Fingers?

Antonio said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that many of my friends have never heard of "nigger toes". I think that phrase was bigger in the south.

BTW, you crack me up Debi!

The Follow Spot said...

you know that i HAVE heard of nigger toes - and so has Jeffrey - whatever