Thursday, July 17, 2008

There's A Moon Out Tonight

Oops! I missed it again. The annual "Mooning Of Amtrak". And this was the 30th anniversary of it. "What do you mean, Antonio?", you're probably asking yourself. Well, in July (on the 11th this year), in Laguna Niguel, California, a bunch of people come far and wide to moon all the trains that run on the tracks next to the Mugs Away Saloon.

It's such a well known event that the trains that go through that day actually slow down so that passengers can get a good look. So as not to offend some, the train conductors actually make announcements on the train warning passengers about which side the mooning happens.

You know, if I ever own a house with a basement, I'd love to take up model railroading. Wouldn't it be great if I actually made little bent over people with their backsides facing the train and their pants down?

No comments: