Monday, February 09, 2009

Extra Thin Mints, Tagashorts, and Do-si-don'ts

I read some disturbing news recently. Due to the economy, the Girl Scouts of the USA are having to skimp on some of their cookies this year. Tagalongs, Do-si-dos, and my favorite, Thin Mints, will have a few less cookies in the box. Woe is me, not my Girl Scouts cookies too.

Now, apparently this was the solution to a price hike or a switch to cheaper ingredients, so I guess that's a good thing, . . . but gee, not my Girl Scout cookies too. And really, it only amounts to a couple of cookies per box, . . . but still, not my Girl Scout cookies too.

BTW, as much as I love Girl Scout Cookies, I hate spending that much money on them. Not because the Girl Scouts aren't worth it, but because I fear that the troops don't get much of that money. Personally, I'd just rather give the $3.50 to the troop directly.

Man, not my Girl Scout Cookies too. . .

5 comments:

Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

Sorry to be the bearer of even worse news, but it is $4.00 this year.

Antonio said...

Jill, the article I read got a comment from a scout leader in Southern CA who mentioned that their troup would continue to sell the cookies at $3.50 instead of the $5.00 they are supposed to sell for. Then seeing your comment about $4.00 got me curious. So, I did a little research and found that the price is determined by the Girl Scout council in each region. That explains why my cookies were still $3.50. Interesting.

Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

Oh Ho! Thank you for the update. I was wondering about that. I suppose that means we are making
$.50 more per box?

Joey said...

Maybe you should switch to Brownies...?

Ron Curameng said...

Damn those Girl Scout bitches! I'm going to stick to Ho-Hos! You can negotiate the price.