Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Filmdom Returns

Haven Dwellers, I don't know if you remember, but some time ago I asked a former blogger to be a featured columnist on BruDog Haven. Well after extensive negotiations, he has agreed. And now ladies and gentlemen, Ryan Dean's "The Filmdom Column!"

"Ocean's Thirteen" (2007)

Grade: B-

How's everybody been? I'm back with a review being posted here on the great blog, "BruDog Haven".

So, has everyone seen the first Ocean's? How about the second? I'm sure at least most of you have seen the first one. This is more of the same, with the coolness of Clooney, Pitt, and Damon oozing from the screen, and washing away all your "tiny" problems, for two hours. The third movie in this franchise probably falls behind the first one, and before the second.

What I missed from this film was the bantering between all those beautiful movie stars. I mean, there was SOME of it, but not like the first two films. This just jumps you right in to the new heist, and never lets you get back into these professional-criminal, friends' lives. You don't know where they've been, what they've been up to, other than some alluding in the beginning.

For two hours of meaningless fun, this is the movie for you. I did find myself completely into the heist, because Mr. Soderbergh knows how to keep you guessing. If you're looking for some escapism this, so far, great summer, then look no further. It brings you back to the golden era of movie making, and true movie stars. That's what these folks up on screen, in this "Ocean's Thirteen," really are. Some of the only "true" movie stars out there in Hollywoodland. It sure made me wish that I was able to go back in time, and "shake Sinatra's hand."

I'll leave you with some grades for some other summer movies I've seen:
"Spider-Man 3" - B-
"Pirates of the Caribbean, At world's end" - B
"Waitress" - A
"Once" - A+
"28 Weeks Later" - B+
"Knocked Up" - A

That's it for now, constant readers. Peace, Love, music and Movies!

No comments: