The other morning I leave for work as I always do. I get in my car, look up, and notice something on my windshield. It's a ticket. I'm thinking, "Why did I get a ticket? I'm not parked illegally." So I read it. "Parking without display of current state license plate? What the hell are they talking about?" So I get out of my car and look at my front license plate. OH MY GOD! My license plate decal expired back in January of this year. I'd been driving around for five months with expired tags.
Now my first thought was that I must have forgotten to put the decals on the plates because I never forget to renew that stuff. Then I remembered. That was right around the time that I moved. In the shuffle, I probably forgot to renew my tags.
I can't believe I got away with it that long. And luckily I only got a parking ticket. I think the fine would have been more if I had been on the road. Ugh! $40 later, it's always something.
No comments:
Post a Comment