Monday, June 11, 2007

The Finale

Am I the only one I know who watches The Sopranos. I rarely hear anyone around me talk about the show.

*SPOILER*
I have to comment on the season finale. I've been reading online that a lot of people were disappointed with the show ending with the family just going on with life as usual. I, on the other hand, thought it made total sense.

I think David Chase (creator) put you in Tony's shoes and made you feel what it was like having to always look over your back and never knowing whether this is your last day or not. I felt more anxious watching that one scene than I ever have watching the rest of the series.

Now I have to admit that I was hoping for maybe a showdown between the two bosses, but I was happy with how it ended with sort of a question mark. Afterall, the show has pretty much always been that way and this was no different.

I'll miss the show, but it had to end sometime.

4 comments:

Mary said...

You pinpointed that much better than I did.

Krissy Doyle said...

I agree!

Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

Eek! I had to stop reading. I still have to watch last season...but I love the Sopranos.

Lori said...

Antonio, I totally agree with you. I loved the finale. I thought I was going to literally have a heart attack during the last 10 minutes!