Monday, August 20, 2007

Back To High School. . . 2

So, I watched the World Premier of "High School Musical 2". I thought it was really good. I thought the first "High School Musical" was just okay, but oddly enough for some reason I was really looking forward to the second one.
I think the script was much better and more interesting, and I think the plot had a little more depth. . . actually I don't know, it probably was just about the same as the first movie, but for some reason I liked this one better.

I think my favorite song was "I Don't Dance" which involved a great baseball game dance number. There was also a great dance sequence involving basketballs in "What Time Is It". * *SPOILER* * And I love the fact that Ryan finally stands up to Sharpay.

I only had two problems with the movie. The first problem I had was with the studio sound of all the songs. This is a problem I have with many movie musicals (although not all), the obvious switch between the dialogue audio and the studio audio.

The other problem I had was with Vanessa Hudgens as Gabriella. I didn't think she was bad, but I kinda felt like she was just there to look cute and innocent. . . and blank. She kinda reminded me of Linda Ronstadt in "Pirates Of Penzance". Lovely voice, cute, but just. . . well. . . there.

BTW evidently "High School Musical 2" set the record for the most-watched basic cable program ever with an audience of 17.2 million, which doubled the viewership of the original. Among children 6 to 11 and youngsters 9 to 14, two out of three children watching TV were tuned in. Among girl viewers age 6 to 11, it was four out of five. I'm not quite sure where I fit into those numbers. . .

4 comments:

Ryan Dean said...

You don't fit into those numbers, which should probably tell you something. First "Center Stage", and now this. I'm crying that I've lost one of my only straight friends.

Krissy Doyle said...

I couldn't get into this one yet. Everytime I tuned in, Kevin would say, "What the hell are you watching?" And then he would make these annoying "ugh" sounds every few seconds, so I was forced to change the channel.

Jim Lawson said...

Even though Earl has a good point (what the hell is he talking about???), I also saw the rating numbers. African American single men - 1

I saw the last one many times because of my kids, I promised Barb that I would watch this one when I have a chance. Her review - "It wasn't as good as the first one, but it's still enjoyable."

Antonio said...

I had to remove the comment from Earl that Jim is referring to. Unfortunately, the content and the language of the comment didn't fit in with the post.

I try to keep BruDog Haven as a blog that anyone can read, and I prefer to give warning before posting anything too objectionable.