Saturday, October 20, 2007

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream, For. . . ?

As I sit here typing this post, I happen to be enjoying a big ol' bowl of ice cream. You're probably asking, "Why are you telling us this Antonio?" Well I'll tell you.

So the other day, I happened to go to a Bloom supermarket. It just so happened that the store was celebrating it's "birthday". They were having an all day birthday celebration which included cake, door prizes, and grab bags. Well, I finished my shopping and headed for the register to pay for my stuff. While I stood in line, an announcement came over the loudspeaker. "Attention Bloom shoppers! We have our next birthday celebration winner! The gentleman on register five! Congratulations!" I only half payed attention to the announcement. I was too busy watching the cashier ringing up my groceries. Then it occurred to me, "Which register am I standing at anyway?" Just as I looked up and notice the number five above my register, a group of employees surrounded me cheering and congratulating me. Then the manager came up and told me I had won a prize of a half-gallon of ice cream. He asked me what flavor I liked, and then went off to go get it for me. And readers, this wasn't some store brand ice cream. He brought me some Bryers. You know, the good s#!+.

Mmmmm! Mmmmmmm! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Oh, sorry! I was just enjoying my ice cream. Gotta go!

5 comments:

Ron Curameng said...

I LOVE ICE CREAM!!!!! Not frozen Yogart, Not Frozen Tofu, Not Ice Milk, Not even Lowfat Ice Cream. BUT Honest-to-God Frozen, Creamy and Deliciously Fattening ICE CREAM!!!! I know Ice Cream. I use to work at "Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor at Springfield Mall" Sirens, Bass Drum, Tamborine and all.

Antonio said...

Man, that Ron really loves ice cream.

Krissy Doyle said...

Congratulations! Hey - share the wealth! :)

Jim Lawson said...

Speaking of Farrell's... I have been working on a post about Farrell's.

Ron - I never knew you worked there.

Antonio - You left out the most important piece of information...which flavor did you select?

Antonio said...

Jim, you're the second person whose has said that to me. To tell you the truth, I didn't think anyone really cared about the flavor. But, it looks like I was wrong.

I was so overwhelmed by the situation, that I just asked for plain ol' vanilla. I figured they wouldn't want to wait around for me to make up my mind.