Monday, October 08, 2007

I'M KING OF THE PARKING LOT!

On the way home the other day, I stopped at the Giant near my house. In the parking lot was one of those traveling amusement companies. I haven't been to one of those since I was a kid. I know they are probably safe but they creep me out a little. But that's not what I'm blogging about today.

I'm blogging about what caught my eye amongst the rides. I've seen one of these before, but never thought twice about it until today. It's the Inflated Titanic Slide. Yup, it's a balloon bounce replica of the Titanic that you climb up and slide down. Wow. . . How soon before we start seeing the World Trade Center Free Fall Tower.


Also, at work the other day, I was in a conversation about camp songs. Well, I happened to be looking up the lyrics to an old camp song on the web, when I came across the Titanic Song which I had never heard of. Hear is a sample of the lyrics:

Chorus
-It was sad, so sad
-It was sad, too bad
-It was sad when the great ship went down to the bottom of the sea
-Uncles and aunts little children lost their parents
-It was sad when the great ship went down, down, down.
-Kerplunk, it sunk to the bottom of the sea


All I have to say is, "Wow."

7 comments:

Ron Curameng said...

World Trade Center Freefall? Hmmmmm....I wouldn't put it pass me. If you think about it, Universal Studio's thrives on disaster as amusements. Earthquake, Twister, etc...What I thought was weird was the "Fear Factor" Audience Participation Show at Universal Studios. Who in their right mind would drink an insect/bug, rotten fish/squid and spoiled milk concoction for NO MONEY!!! I don't get it!

Krissy Doyle said...

I'm with you Antonio! The sinking titanic is in poor taste!

Jim Lawson said...

I was director of the Round House Arts program for about 10 years and we sang, 'Uncles and Aunts, little children lost their pants" or "Husbands and wives, little children lost their lives" or "Antonio and Ron, little children got it on"

Maybe that last one was a little out there...sorry.

Joey said...

That's my jam!

Our elementary music teacher us this song. She also taught:

'The Ballad of Lizzie Borden'

and

'Charlie on the MTA'

and

'Shake Rattle and Roll'

Her name was Miss Evelyn. I was always a little creeped out by her, which is a shame, because I think that it set my appreciation for music on a major delay.

HOWEVER- the Titanic lyrics I learned were different. And more graphic.

Antonio said...

- I wouldn't go on Fear Factor, even for the money.

- "...little children got it on." You know, when I was a kid, we used to play this game called "hide and seek, go get it". . . Actually, nevermind I'll write a post about it tomorrow.

- There are even more graphic lyrics than what I found? Oh Wow. Did you all call her Ms. Evilyn?

Sabra said...

When I was a Girl Scout (come to think of it, I think I may STILL be registered- ack) I used to know SO MANY different verses/ versions of the Titanic Song, I can't remember the sum now.

The pics of the inflatable Titanic are awesome- if distasteful. HA!

Antonio said...

OK, it's scary that there are that many verses and versions of that song.