Just a little rant today.
It's November 6. It's six days after Halloween. It's sixteen days before Thanksgiving. . . My point? . . . It's not Christmas!
The idea of this post came from me looking at a retailer's website that had Christmas items on it. Suddenly I thought, "Oh my god! I'm running out of shopping days!" Then I came back to reality and remembered that it's only the beginning of November.
At the store the other day, I was considering buying a few cheap Thanksgiving decorations for my office. But, I couldn't find anything because the only stuff out was Christmas stuff.
There are two channels of the music stations on my cable service that are playing Christmas music.
My good buddy Tom emailed me to tell me that XM radio has already switched over to Christmas music.
Now, some of you ol' West Enders might be saying, "But, Antonio. What about all those years that you and Tom used to decorate the green room in early November." Well, you got me there. But, that started because we were always deep into set construction in December. We figured that the only chance we had to decorate was early. Even then, once I left the building, no Christmas until December.
Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas. But gee, let's get through Thanksgiving first.
Thank You. . .
3 comments:
I went into Target last week and was shocked to see Christmas all over. I don't know why, I should expect it now, but I agree...TOO EARLY!
The buck stops here!
I did shop for a new Chrsitmas tree and ornaments....hehehehehehehe....
Post a Comment