Monday, November 26, 2007

Prime Time


I was a little worried at first about the whole writers strike. The idea of my TV shows being put on hiatus because of a strike scared me. Then a thought came to me. Maybe it's not such a bad thing that I won't be able to enjoy all the shows I normally watch.

I've reached the point in the television season where I feel that I am too consumed by TV. When I say consumed, I mean that I find myself rushing home to watch. And I find that I spend my whole days off watching shows that I recorded on my DVR throughout the week. Sometimes I go to bed way later than I want to because I have to see what's on TV. I have magazine subscriptions that I'm months behind on and books that I've been meaning to read for years.

Possible shows on the chopping block: K-Ville, Cane, Moonlight
Shows I've already given up: Prison Break, Back To You

Except for "Back To You", I really like the other shows. It's just that something has to go.

Having said that, a TV show that I gave up years ago just made a big announcement. "The Apprentice" just announced the participants for it's celebrity edition. I may come back for that.

No comments: