Friday, December 21, 2007

Antonio Be Shoppin'

I hate shopping. I especially hate shopping around Christmas time.

Today I went to Potomac Mills to finish up some Christmas shopping. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of Christmas shopping without having an idea of what I wanted to get. So, I ended up walking the whole mall and only finding two things. I finally had to leave because the mall started to get more and more crowded. Note to self. . . next time, have a list.

Hey, by the way, they had the coolest thing at the mall. They had this Christmas train that kids could ride on, and it actually travelled through two sections of the mall. I was walking, when all of a sudden I heard a train whistle behind me. I turned around, and there was a train coming at me. Cool!

Ooh, and for those of you who are familiar with the Don and Mike show on WJFK, I was right behind Don Geronimo at the drive-thru of the McDonalds at the mall.

One last thing, as I was passing one of those kiosks in the middle of the mall, one of the merchants tried to get me to buy a hand bag. "Wouldn't you like to buy a lovely bag for your wife or girlfriend?", he said. Ugh! Who is he to assume I have a wife or girlfriend? What if I had a husband or boyfriend? . . Not that I have a boyfriend. . . Not that I have a husband. . . Not that there's anything wrong with that. . . Oh never mind.

2 comments:

Jim Lawson said...

Antonio - I loved the handbag, thank you!

Antonio said...

Jim, we were going to keep that to ourselves. Especially since it's illegal for us to be together in Virginia.