Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Stop, Ladies, Pray. . . A MAN!

I, as a guy, hate going into women's stores. Want to know why? Well, I'll tell you. Every time I go into one of "those" stores (to buy gift cards for family members or friends), I feel so self conscience, and for good reason.

Every time I walk in, I hear the sound of necks whipping around as everyone in the store turns around to look at me. Then when I get to the counter, it seems like the cashiers take forever.

The other day, I went to a store to buy a gift card for my mom. As usual, everyone in the store turned to look at me. When I got in line, there was a woman in line who kept staring at me with this look of distrust on her face. Then when I got up to the counter to buy the card, it took five minutes (not an exaggeration) just to activate it.

A few times over the years, I've gone to Victoria's Secret to buy gift certificates. It was always the same thing. Every time I'd ask for a gift certificate, it would take forever. And, they always seemed to be out of them and would have to go to the back to get more.

You know what I think? I think those stores do that on purpose because they see how uncomfortable I am. I think they go to the back and yuck it up with each other.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

They always tring to keep the black man down. As a white person I say "we suck" and then to they yuck it up in the back, terrible. Next time you should offer to help her look in the back for them then you can be in on the joke. You could also ask them about men's shoe sizes!

Antonio said...

Ugh. . . both cashiers were black.

Jim Lawson said...

Antonio - You are missing the entire point. Chicks dig you, man! They are trying to keep you in the store for as long as possible. They're tired of looking at women all day long and are thrilled to finally get a hunk of real man in their store.

Next time bring a sandwich and stay as long as you want. You'll be giving them a treat!