I had a traumatic experience this past Friday. I went to the doctor. . . That's not the traumatic part. My doctor had an intern with her that day. . . Nope, no trauma there either. The doctor was running behind. . . Traumatic? NO! Will you give me a chance to tell you the damn story? Ugh! . . Anyway, my doctor came in and asked me if I'd be willing to let a student examine me while she finished up with the patient ahead of me. No problem. I'm willing to help out. The student has to get some practice. So, he examines me.
He does the usually. Eyes, ears, chest, etc. Then. . . . . . I'm sorry, I have trouble even typing it. . . . Then, he told me that he wanted to check the blood flow to my foot and that he'd have to remove my shoes and socks to do it. He then proceeded to remove said articles and then touched my feet. ARGGGGGHHH! As I've stated before, I don't like anyone touching my feet.
You know, I've been going to doctors for years. I have never had a doctor do that. I asked around my office about the procedure. Only one person said that their doctor does that.
I'd almost prefer to have my prostate checked. . . OK, maybe not. But still.
2 comments:
Why do people have foot and clown phobias?
I have had a student be over do it with all the stupid check points. It totally annoyed me.
I didn't mind the rest of the exam. I figure he has to have someone to practice on. . . But, DON'T TOUCH MY FEET!
Post a Comment