Monday, August 25, 2008

A Day In The Life Of The BruDog

I wanted to show you a picture of the peach stand Andi and I stopped at Saturday. Were we in the great state of Georgia? No. We found the stand in Delaplane, VA on our way back from driving out to Harrisonburg to move by sister back to college for her junior year. Ugh! Can you believe it, junior year? Man, I feel old. I remember when I used to change her wittle diaper. . . Wow. . .

Anyway, we stopped in Markham to take advantage of one of the many wine tours in the area. Back in the day, the West End had a warehouse near there, so I'd driven through the area many times. I would always see signs for this wine tour at Naked Mountain Vineyard and Winery and always wanted to try it. We got there at 4:59. Unfortunately, the tours ended at 5. damn Damn DAMN! So, we missed it. On our way back down Rt 17, we found the peach stand.


OK, now that I've bored you to death, let me just say, you have to go see Tropic Thunder. After missing the wine tour, we stopped at the Cinema Deluxe at Fairfax Corner. I haven't had that much fun at a movie in a long time. Robert Downey, Jr in black face is highlarious. I think I might actually go see it again, which I rarely do. I hate to say too much more because I feel like I'll ruin it for you.
See it!

Oh my God, before the movie, we walked to the Ben and Jerry's. They have this new flavor called Coconut Seven Layer Bar. Haven Dwellers, let me tell you, it was heaven. I believe it's moved into the top position on my list of favorite ice cream flavors.
Try it!

So, in conclusion, because I know you're probably saying, "Antonio, this post is all over the place.", I just wanted you all to know that I had the best time I've had in a long time. I've been working a lot over the past few weeks and I've had lots on the mind also. Saturday was a welcome diversion. Thanks for the fun day, my lemon tart!
BruDog OUT!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I break out into this song EVERY SINGLE TIME I see a peach!

Antonio said...

Mary, I had never actually heard the song before. But, Andi kept singing it that day. Then the next day, when I told Ryan about the peach stand, he started singing it. So, I decided to see if I could find it for my blog.