Monday, September 01, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend a Washington Nationals Game this past Friday with my good friends Joey and Bill. I've been to many minor league games, but this was actually my first ever major league game. Folks, let me tell you. I had a good ol' time. And here's the cool part. We were lucky enough to score free Diamond Club seats. You know, those rows that you see on the lower level behind home plate. It was the best. The section has it's own lounge and waiter service at the seats. Oh, and did I mention the seats are padded. Now of course, since it was my first game, I had to bring my camera.

Here are a couple of shots before the game. I had to get a pic of Joey and Bill taking in the sites before we went to our seats.

Here's the view from our seats.
Bill and I enjoying the game.
A shot I took leaving the stadium after the game.


After the game, they shot off fireworks. But, to get the best view, it was suggested that we move over to the third base side of the stadium. So, we left our comfortable seats in the club section for the "regular" seats at third base. Wow! Those seats were not meant for the big man or the tall man. I was so uncomfortable. And, we were only in those seats for about ten minutes. I couldn't imagine sitting there for a three hour game. I guess I was spoiled by the club seats.

2 comments:

Jim Lawson said...

You were spoiled. I have season tickets between first base and right field. The good part about the Nationals having a bad record is that not everyone shows up around you and you can spread out into other seats.

They have Movie Night after the game on Saturdays and I watched part of the movie from the Diamond Cub seats one night. Did you try anything from Ben's Chili Bowl? I like the brisket sandwich from Red Hot & Blue.

Antonio said...

Jim, I don't know. Maybe I could sit in the "common folk" seats as long as there is no one right next to me. But, man those club seats were nice.

I'd never been to Ben's Chili Bowl before, so I made sure I went to the stand for a chile cheese half smoke. I didn't do Red Hot & Blue only because I've been to their restaurants before. I wanted to try something new. Next time though, I think I'll be doing the buffet in the Diamond Club Lounge.