Andi and I got to spend a fun evening enjoying comedian Gary Valentine this past Saturday at the Improv. For those not familiar with the name, he is the guy who played Kevin James' brother on "King Of Queens", which worked out well because, well, they are actually brothers. Anyway, this was the best time I ever had at the Improv. Gary was great!
Now, to add to the fun, we had the pleasure of sharing our table with our new friends Brian and Barbara (I think those were their names). If you've never been to the Improv, they tend to sell out, so unless you are a party of four, you end up sharing a table (H O T table, for you dinner theater folk) Anyway, they were part of a large birthday party of about sixteen people or so. Folks, I'm guessing that their party started well before they got to the club. They had us cracking up throughout the evening. At some point, some guy in their party ended up on Andi's knee while his wife's hands ended up on my face. Fortunately for us drivers on the road, they charted a bus for the evening.
Dwellers, between Gary Valentine and the birthday party, I laughed so hard the whole night, that I woke up the next day with no voice. And, once again, I could kick myself for not bringing my camera. I would have loved to have shown you our new friends. And, Gary posed for pictures and signed autographs afterward.
2 comments:
What a small world! My fried Debi from work was part of that birthday party that chartered the bus! I swear! And yes, they did party before they arrived at the Improv! :)
Krissy, I hope your friend wasn't the one who could barely stand up straight and couldn't figure out how her pen worked.
Post a Comment