Well, I had dinner the other day at the Cheesecake Factory in Whiteflint with my little whipped topping, Andi. As always, we were jovial with our server. Now, it being the Factory, we ordered cheesecake for dessert, of course. Loved it! Well, at the end of the meal, our server brought the check by and said, "You know, you two were so much fun! The cheesecake is on me." Yes, he actually comped our cheesecake. The manager even came over to meet and thank us. I'm guessing that the servers are probably allowed to comp a certain number of cheesecakes. I'm just glad we got to be one of those numbers.
So, moral of the story:
Be nice, for goodness sake. You may get free cake!
5 comments:
I remember a time when I was frequenting the Mustang Ranch in Nevada and apparently they had the same leeway as your waiter did at the the Cheesecake Factory. Diamond, Sharrell, Tiffany and P. Galore each gave me a free dessert and signed me up for the Frequent F@#*ker Club. You can just imagine the savings that I accrued.
ROTFLMAO! That Jim cracks me up.
I'm always nice to my servers. Where's my cheesecake. Or Cosmo?
Mary, I wish I could tell you our secret, but I don't know what it is. The free cheesecake was a total surprise to us. I didn't even know a server could do that, unless they're trying to appease an irate customer.
Or unless they worked at the West End.
Post a Comment