Tuesday, December 02, 2008

And Meet Me Tonight In Atlantic City

I'm sorry for taking so long to post. You see. . . what had happened was. . . well, I was making rather merry in Atlantic City. Then, Thanksgiving rolled around. Also, I've been preparing for the relocation of BruDog Haven World Headquarters. S'hard. Might' hard.

I've had a lot of stuff on the mind lately. So, I decided I need a little diversion and made plans for a couple of days in AC. I grabbed Andi and off we went for a mini vacation. I haven't been to AC in almost three years. It's a little harder to get there when you don't have your steady second job anymore.
Of course, we had a good time. As usual, I didn't win anything. I didn't loose everything, but I didn't win anything. I've never had good luck at casinos. The most I've ever won was $175 on a slot machine. That's once out of many trips up there.

There was one bad part about the trip, the room. I always stay at Bally's because it's in the middle of everything, and it actually encompasses three hotels and four casinos. And, I've always been pleased with my stay. This time they put me in the Claridge Tower, which is an old hotel that they recently added to the Bally's complex. Well, there were moisture stains on the ceiling of the bathroom, the window was kind of dirty, the batteries in the intranet remote keyboard were corroded, and the bathroom door had a wicked creak. Now, the creaking door actually made for an ongoing funny bit, but still. Not good.

We happened to eat at the Johnny Rocket's on the boardwalk. I enjoy Johnny's, but each time I go, I think about how I could never work there. For those of you who've never been to one, they have nickel juke boxes on the tables
that are connected to the restaurant sound system. When certain songs are chosen, the servers all stop what they are doing and dance. It's very cute, but looks like it'd be annoying as hell. Oh well, it's a job. Although, I guess we all kind of do that in the dinner theater biz.

3 comments:

Jim Lawson said...

sometimes I got less than a nickle to stop and sing & dance. You gotta go to Vegas!

Antonio said...

Well Jim! How nice of you to invite me on your next business trip to Vegas! I accept. Bless yo' heart.

Jim Lawson said...

Let's do it!