I read something somewhat disturbing online recently. The Fox network will no longer be showing cartoons on Saturday mornings. And, guess what. They're replacing the cartoons with infomercials. Ugh!
According to Fox, due to competition from cable networks, cartoons on their network are no longer viable. Do you know what that says to me? That says, "It costs us less to sell infomercial time than to run cartoons." And, I'm guessing the other major networks will soon follow. Saturday morning cartoons have been dwindling for years.
I remember as a kid, getting up super early on Saturday mornings, grabbing a bowl of cereal, and spending hours in front of the TV watching cartoons. Looney Toons, Smurfs, Superfriends, Ritchie Rich, and Muppet Babies were some of my favorites. And, I always knew cartoons were done for the day when wrestling came on.
So, Haven Dwellers, I want to know. What were your favorite Saturday morning cartoons?
3 comments:
I use to look forward to Saturday Morning Cartoons such as "Scooby-Doo", "Bugs Bunny & Friends", "Lidsville" "Sigmound & the SeaMonsters"and not to mention the Schoolhouse Rock shorts in between.
Is it sad I don't remember what I use to watch. I feel a part of my childhood is missing.
Scooby Doo, Josie and the Pussycats, and was Mr. Magoo Saturday morning? I loved him. My kids are now Scooby Doo lovers. Ryan even uses groovy as an everyday adjective.
Post a Comment