Christmas Traditions
One of my favorite traditions is driving around neighborhoods and checking out some of the great Christmas light displays on various houses. Unfortunately, it's been a couple of years since I've done that. Gas prices took that tradition away. Well, with gas prices having come down, I think it's time to continue that tradition again.
I'm also a big fan of the drive through light displays. There's nothing like driving all the way out to Bull Run or all the way out to Columbia to see those same lights every year.Ah tradition! Am I the only one who does this?
6 comments:
Heck no. I was out just last night trying to find some lights.
I've never done it. But have always wanted to!
Everyone needs to go t o Bull Run to see the display and to go to the little Christmas area, although the prices have gone up. It's $20 a car for the weekend.
I have also been to the one at Sandy Seashore State Park, it's kind of cool with the Chesapeake Bay in the background.
I love it Antonio! Have you seen the Bishop's House off of 16th street? Very Festive. Maybe we should plan a drive around and look at the lights tour since we couldn't do the white house...
Krissy - I say you do it. You have to try it for the first time. And you never forget your first time. lol Check out the house just off of the Lorton Rd exit. It's on the left side.
Jim - $20?! My gosh. On the other hand, if I recall, doesn't the money go to charity?
Lori - I'm there! Choose a day. Hopefully, I'll be available. I'm in the process of relocating BruDog Haven World Headquaters.
In the 60's when I was a kid, this was one of the cheap thrills my family got driving around neighborhoods and "oo-ing" and "ah-ing" at the Christmas light dsiplays. Then it all changed in the 70's when we had Nixon and the energy crisis and we were limited to have lights for Christmas. Hmmm...Maybe my friends and family can make a trip down memory lane sometime to Bull Run...BUT $20 a car?! YIKES!
Post a Comment