I'd like to share with you "BruDog Haven's Rules For Outdoor Holiday Lighting Displays".
1) When it comes to holiday lights, segregation is good. I can't stand to see white lights and colored lights on the same house or same tree or same yard. It should be all white or all colored.
2) If you go with colored lights, make sure they are from the same manufacturer. I hate to see colored lights that are of different patterns or different degrees of intensity.
3) I am also not a fan of mixing small bulbs with large bulbs. People, please, pick one or the other.
4) There is an exception to rules 1, 2, and 3. It's OK to mix if you're putting so many lights on and around your house that it can be seen from half a mile away. I find that the ultimate in tacky. . . and I like it.
5) There's nothing I hate more than seeing Christmas lights up in the middle of November. Folks, give Thanksgiving it's due. No earlier than the day after Thanksgiving please.
6) Please take your lights down by January 6, the epiphany. Now, I actually take it a step further and take mine down on the first, but I'm OK with the 6th. I just can't stand seeing Christmas lights up on February 1.
Now, I know it's too late for this season. You probably have your lights up already. But, please make sure you bookmark this post and refer to it next season when you are ready to put your lights up.
Thank you. Discuss.
8 comments:
Due to Elvis Birthday on Jan. 8th and like the gracious people of Memphis, Tennessee. We take our lights down after Jan. 8th. This tradition was started by "The King" himself
The one with the most colored lights wins!
I was QUITE surprised to see a certain house in my parents' neigthborhood, which had previously been empty, covered with white lights and with a fully decorated xmas tree twinkling brightly in the living room. Do you know anything about this sudden phenomenon?
It looks like Sabra has some new hobo's breaking into emtpy houses and decorating them. This is a sad new tread plauging America.
Sabra, here's the funny part. I haven't actually seen the lights on. And I haven't seen the tree yet. I've yet to move in. I haven't found any free time to move. So, I'm still living in the old place by myself.
Were the lights on the tree all white?
I'm sick and tired of all this racist crap, "were the lights all white?". I thought that's why we have a new president-elect, to get rid of comments like yours. Ahhhh.
And the new president had better make sure that he uses my rules when he decorates the White House over the next four to eight years. Otherwise, I'll have him impeached.
Antonio, I COMPLETELY Agree with every one of your rules. Way to go. Spread the word.
Post a Comment