I have a new addiction. I've recently subscribed to Direct TV. One of the channels I've gained with the service, that I didn't have with my previous Comcast subscription, is the Boomerang Network. For those not familiar with the channel, it's the Cartoon Network's outlet for classic cartoons. And let me tell you, I love it!
I recently wrote a post about how the Fox Network decided to do away with Saturday morning cartoons in favor of infomercials (Saturday Mourning). Well, now with Boomerang, it's like Saturday morning every day for me. Just the other day, I watched Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Johnny Quest, Popeye, Smurfs, Huckleberry Hound, and Jabberjaw. Kinda makes me want to grab a box of sugar cereal and a big ol' bowl.
2 comments:
When I was a kid, I use to enjoy Fox 5 Morning Cartoons before going to school. It was usually Popeye, Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry ands then return from school watching another hour of Popeye, Buys Bunny and Tom and Jerry.
On Saturday Mornings, I loved watching "Schoolhouse Rock" while cleaning the house. (We hated Saturdays in our house as kids) Now, it's just news in the morning and news getting home and Saturdays, I sleep late.
Antonio, I totally get that through RCN and let me just say HONG KONG PHOOEY ROCKS!!!! Those classic cartoons are so great.
Post a Comment