I was at the Dixie Bones the other day for a little barbecue. While waiting for my take out, I got to hear a most interesting observation about Asians from one of the employees behind the counter.
"Yeah, those Asians have got it together. They quietly come over to this country and open restaurants and cleaners. Then they build these huge houses . . ." I didn't hear the rest because my food was ready at that point .
I wasn't surprised to hear this woman say this, but I couldn't figure out why. When I got home, I finally remembered why. One day last year I went to get some take-out. Part of my order was a side of collard greens. Now since this is a barbecue place, they ask if you want extra containers of sauce. Well they also offer packets of hot sauce. This same woman actually said to me, "Now I know you want some Texas Pete for your greens. I know how y'all like hot sauce on your greens."
The funny thing is, I had never had hot sauce on my greens before. Now I love it. And all because of that politically incorrect woman.
2 comments:
I'm enjoying your observations and commentary, Antonio!
I think having a blog makes you observe more. Everything I hear around me is a potential blog post.
Post a Comment