Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of Christmas. Former West Enders probably remember the displays that Tom and me did in the green room every year, or my "Black Santa" display backstage. I'm usually one of the first in my neighborhood to put up decorations. But I have to say that I am not a fan of "Christmas In July". I don't get it. Christmas is such a huge part of the year already. Why do we feel the need to add it to another month? For me, Christmas is from December 1st to January 1st. I don't even follow the whole epiphany thing. I'm even OK with decorating right after Thanksgiving. But beyond that, no more Christmas. I get annoyed when I'm shopping in September and see decorations for sale. I even have trouble going into those Christmas shops outside of the season.
Now I'd also like to say that this rant does not reflect on the wonderful "Christmas In July" parties that Caren and Bud throw every year. I've always enjoyed those as an opportunity to have fun with friends old and new. I especially love playing with that furry dog of theirs.
3 comments:
I think it's rude of you to refer to Kevin Laughn as "that fury dog".
DOH!
I also hate the christmas displays way too early..
They already have Halloween shit in the stores now - ugh!
Post a Comment