
I'm excited about the new "Hairspray" movie coming out this Friday, not just because it's one of my favorite musicals, but because I love the fact that Hollywood is putting musicals on film again. But not for the reason you may think.
I like that they are doing musicals on film again because eventually the movie is put on DVD which allows me to watch it anytime I want, as opposed to having to wait for a local theater to produce it. I of course love going and seeing a live musical, but the one problem I've always had is that I can only go and see it once. I could go and see it over and over again, but I don't have that kind of money. Plus, if no theater around me happens to be doing the musical, I'm SOL. Now unless a movie musical is horribly done, I'll buy the DVD for the opportunity to see it anytime I want.
I'm really looking forward to "Hairspray". So much so that I am almost worried that I'll be disappointed because it isn't good. BTW I'm a huge fan of the original movie also.
3 comments:
I can't wait to see it either!
Do you remember Kathy Wallace who used to work at West End when we first opened, On The 20th Century, etc.?(We also worked together at the Lazy Susan back in the early to mid '80s) She played the dyke gym teacher in the original Hairspray.
The early word is that the movie is good.
The reviews seem to be good.
I don't know Kathy because I didn't start at the WEDT until '89, but I think it's cool when a local person makes it.
Post a Comment