Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Gotta Get Something Off My Chest

I was reading the other day about Isaiah Washington, the actor who was fired from the show "Grey's Anatomy" for using an anti-gay slur. Evidently, he feels that he was fired because he is "a 6-foot-1, black man with dark skin and who doesn't go around saying 'Yessah, massa sir' and 'No sir, massa' to everyone?", and that some people on the set are scared of him because of it.

Well I have something to say. I've really lost all respect for this guy. I was already annoyed with him when it came out that he used the epithet, but the racial thing really got me going. He uses a gay slur but thinks that it's wrong that he's fired because he's Black (not that I believe he was fired for that). Besides, two of the characters (the chief of surgery and the surgeon that teaches the interns) are played by Blacks. And one of the interns is played by an Asian. The creator of the show is Black. And you know what? I'd be a little scared of a cast member who started a fight on the set.

As Tina would say, "Ugh!"