Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fifteen Minutes

I was watching Idol last night. I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm a little tired of the initial auditions. Don't get me wrong, I still watch them, and will continue to watch them. But, they are starting to annoy me.

Each season, we see more and more people doing whatever it takes to make it on camera. There was a time when some of those outrageous auditions actually seemed genuine. Now they seem more and more coached by producers. Contestants who seem OK in front of the judges, all of a sudden are shouting out obscenities and giving the finger when alone in front of the camera. Not that it's all that different from previous seasons, but I guess after six seasons, it's. . . well. . . whatever. It's all kinda Springer-esque if you ask me.

Now, ask me how many network TV shows with millions of viewers and music industry influence I've produced. . .

5 comments:

Krissy Doyle said...

Antonio, I agree. I felt the same way last night. I watched an hour and couldn't take it anymore! Some of those people seem very coached. Almost like they have been paid to act like that.

Lori said...

I feel the same way as you guys. I tried to watch but I think I will wait until they get to hollywood. Then you can see who might have a chance and who doesn't. I find that much more interesting then the obnoxious wanna be on tv people.

Ron Curameng said...

Is it my imagination or is Simon getting soft?

Antonio said...

Krissy, you had better agree with me. I don't want to have to come over there and show you what's what. lol I am highlarious! Thanks for being a Haven Dwella.

Hey Lori! Great profile pic. Thank you for being a Dwella also.

I thought Simon was a little softer also. But then, it is still early. Ron, it's a pleasure having you as a Haven Dwella.

Jill Ruemke Schmidt said...

I haven't really watched initial auditions since the first year, but decided to watch this year. I'm a little appalled as I watch, but interested. I can't imagine they don't bait the contestants a bit. Simon seemed even nice at times, although I wonder about editing and if they are just letting his nicer side on TV a bit this year.