I generally try to spread my blog post to every couple of days or so, but I couldn't sit on this story.
I came upon this one on one of my favorite blogs, The Assimilated Negro. He refers to a story he found about a couple wanting to open a "Slave Park".
Some couple from Colorado wants to open up a theme park in Haiti where park guest can experience what it was like to be a slave 200 years ago, before the revolt that resulted in Haiti becoming the first black republic.
Participants enjoy a 12 hour experience where they are kidnapped, chained, and then marched to a slave ship. Then they are "sold" and forced to work on a plantation until later, where they participate in the rebellion that results in their freedom.
The couple has set up a foundation to fund this project and is already halfway there in donations. They only need $700,000 more.
You know, Disney failed in it's attempt to open a park here in Virginia. I wonder if they would ever consider Haiti. I'm just saying. . .
3 comments:
So, do we sell ourselves into slavery? Or do they get thier money from selling us to local plantations? I'll pass on this one.
I have no comment.
Wow. Somehow, you can't go right with that proposal.
Post a Comment