I was at my doctor's office today for an appointment. While in the waiting room, the cell phone of the person next to me rang. No problem, except that the person answered it, then proceded to talk on it for the next five minutes.
A few minutes later, the cell phone of the person across from me rang. No problem, except that that person answered it and talked on it for about ten minutes. Loudly. . . Well, not loudly, but the room is so small, that talking at normal volume sounds loud.
I have no problem with someone's cell phone ringing in the waiting area (although I'd prefer not to hear it). I have no problem with someone answering it. But, please step outside. Or offer to call the person back later. I don't need to hear your conversation. I get apprehensive at the doctor's office (so much so that it actually affects my blood pressure). I use the quiet time before my appointment to relax and calm myself down.
As Tina would say, "Ugh!"
2 comments:
Come on over the "Dr. Jim's " practice and he'll make sure that you stay calm.
I agree, it is the same thing on the bus. People will talk on their phones and loudly, it is so annoying. I try not to answer my phone on the bus, because I don't want anyone listening into my conversations, people are too eager to be the center of attention.
Post a Comment