Saturday, February 02, 2008

I'm Feeling Like A Criminal

Thirteen years ago, I went to a movie theater to see "Natural Born Killers". I didn't like the movie (I've since come around on it). And, I was so annoyed at not liking the movie, that I decided to walk into "Forrest Gump" which was about to start. The experience was nerve-wracking for me. Every time the door to the theater opened, I thought it was an employee who may have seen me sneak in and wanted to check my ticket. At that point, I promised myself that I could never do that again. It made me too nervous.

Flash forward to the present. I was recently talking to Andi (Happy Birthday BTW) who said that she does it all the time. I told her about my experience and how I couldn't do it. She laughed and pointed out that there are so many people at the theaters, that no one would even notice. Plus, the teen workers wouldn't care even if they did see me. So, yesterday. . . I did it.

I saw "Untraceable" and enjoyed it. At the end of the movie, I knew that "The Eye" was going to start in fifteen minutes, so. . . I did it. I snuck in. What a rush! . . I'm such a dork.

I enjoyed "The Eye" (and "the rush"). But, could I do it again? I knew that "Atonement" was to start in five minutes, so. . . I did it. . . again. I'm such a criminal. I did at least buy some concessions so that the theater would make some money off me.

BTW, there were six showings of that Hannah Montana Concert at the theater. When I got there in the morning, three of the showings were sold out. So. . . I had to settle for "Untraceable".


I am highlarious. . .

9 comments:

The Follow Spot said...

...stealing from the white man.
the white man sets you free and how do you repay that favor? By stealing the bread right out of his mouth. I am a victim of disappointment in you.

Ron Curameng said...

Beng, Aria and I went to see the "Hanna Montana/Mylie Cyrus" movie in 3D. I enjoyed it and the 3D was the good kind. Not that Blue lens/Red Lens shit. You just have to deal with all those screaming pre-teens and teens.
BTW---It's NOT considered stealing walking from one theatre to another. My parents do it and they told me it's okay.

Jim Lawson said...

Dear Sir: I an counsel and represent the IFTA (International Film & Theater Association). On behalf of my constituency I will be filing a formal complaint regarding your lawless actions, you should be prepared to be contacted within the next 48 hours. I strongly suggest you retain legal counsel because of the serious nature of your crime. The next thing you'll be doing is trying to sneak candy into the theaters. I've seen this trend, it is a slippery slope, my friend.

Antonio said...

I will be represented by Ron's Parents And Associates. They say it's OK.

I'm actually a little curious about that Hanna Montana 3D concert. I think it would be cool to see a concert on the big screen in 3D. But, I won't be sneaking into that.

I have to tell you that I had a couple of co-workers who were not to happy with what I did. Only two though.

I have another co-worker who mentioned that an employee at the theater she goes to told her to just go ahead and walk in when she tried to buy a ticket for a second movie.

Jim Lawson said...

My Dani has two friends who work at the Kingstown theaters and they say that people will bring their groceries in with them and eat, almost like a picnic. I remember, as a kid, thinking I was going to get caught sneaking in a box of goobers.

Antonio said...

I've never felt the need to sneak food into a theater. I don't feel like I have to eat during a movie. Sometimes I'll buy popcorn and a soda because it's there and that's just what you do. But, I have no problem going ninety minutes without eating.

Jim Lawson said...

What are trying to say about me???That I can't go 90 minutes without food? I have never been so insulted. I must now go and partake of my "after lunch, before mid-afternoon snack".

Antonio said...

". . . after lunch, before mid-afternoon snack."
Highlarious!!!

Mary said...

I would do it but I don't even like sitting in theatre seats. I never go to the movies. I'm not a sit still kind of person. But if I did go Antonio I would go w/you! I get so annoyed listening to my husband chomp away through the entire movie. Making noise, opening packages.