Monday, February 11, 2008

Shake It Like A Polaroid Picture

It's a sad day at the BruDog Haven World Headquaters here in beautiful Northern Virginia. I happened to see a story online today about how Polaroid is finally gitting rid of their instant film and cameras. As I was reading the story, it made me think of the collection of Polaroids I used to have backstage and downstairs at the ol' West End. I still have them in a box in storage.

Of course, all of those photos are immortalized in the Haven archives which can be found to the right under "Da BruDog Time Machine". I believe Joey figured out that there are about 400 photos.

I guess I can throw away the camera now. . . *sniff*

7 comments:

Ron Curameng said...

I know how you feel. I had to get rid of my Betamax Player when I learned that they didn't make porn on that format anymore. Well, at least I got a converter that makes my Betamax videos VHS compatible. I'm so glad I invested in a VHS. Now, if they can make a converter that makes my 8 Track tapes compatible to my cassette deck. :)

Jim Lawson said...

What are you going to do with the other collection of the 800 Polaroids of you and in the ensemble girls at the Best Western?

Brandon said...

Sell it on Ebay as an antique! That would give you some money to buy a digital camera then you can print your own pictures. You could aso photoshop Jim into a few of them!

Antonio said...

Ron, I didn't know they had Betamax converters. Of course, now you'll have to get a DVD burner to put all those "art films" on disk. . . that is until they finally decide between HD and Blu Ray.

Jim, not many people know this (I guess that will change now), but I do have a private collection of Polaroids that I promised never to display backstage or anywhere else. I can tell you that you are familiar with some of the people in those pics.

Brandon, I don't think the camera I have is old enough to be an antique in my lifetime. The camera I have (actually, the camera I got from the West End) is one of the later models. Plus, I have a digital camera already.

The Follow Spot said...

dont trash it - go out and stock up on the film and....welll.......whatever

Ron Curameng said...

Yeah, The converter was this gizmo you place your beta tape into that makes it a VHS tape. I agree with Mark, Stock up on the film!

Mary said...

Yeah stock up on film. You always look great in a Polaroid pic!