Sunday, April 27, 2008

What The. . . ?

I had to drive out to Harrisonburg yesterday to help move my sister out of her dorm for the summer. I'd like to share with you some observations from my road trip.

I passed a minivan with spinners on the wheels. A minivan! With spinners?! What the hell is up with that?

I was pumping gas at an Exxon in Harrisonburg. A guy pulls up to the pump opposite me. He puts the nozzle into his tank and then seems to have trouble with something. He finally leans over to my side and asks, "Do you have to pay first?" Now, I may be wrong, but don't you have to prepay at all gas stations these days? I mean, I tend to go to the same gas stations all the time, and they all require prepayment. I dunno. . .

It never fails. I'm driving down the highway in the right hand lane. I encounter a car ahead of me that is driving at a slower rate of speed. I have no problem with that. So then, I make a lane change into the left lane to pass. As I approach the car I'm trying to pass, it speeds up so that I either have to speed up even faster to pass, or I end up moving back behind it in the right lane. Do people do that to piss you off, or is that just some natural human reaction? Either way, it annoys the s#!+ out of me.

Thank you for letting me rant. Now, feel free to discuss.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I think it a reaction for the most part. There still some people that don't want anyone to pass them so they speed up. Next time just hit them, that will teach them!

Ron Curameng said...

You don't like the spinners on my van???? I had to do something to distract my handicap tags. The guy pumping gas and the guy that was slow, but sped up to pass you, both shaved their beards, snipped their suspenders, burnt their strawhats and both just got out of the Amish Community. This was their first time driving an automobile for the both of them.