Monday, August 10, 2009

Adventures On Skid Row

"Little Shop of Horrors" opened at the Lazy Susan Dinner Theatre two weeks ago. I was excited because it's one of my favorite shows, and I love singing the Audrey II part. Unfortunately, it was a little rough for me because I didn't have all of my costumes. Evidently, one of the costumers forgot to make one of my costumes. So, I had to bring in some stuff from home.

In this production, I'm much busier than the last time I did the show at the West End. Normally, the person who does the voice of the plant is only seen in the number Downtown as the wino. But here, I have a few appearances onstage. And, I've become kind of an unofficial plant handler. I'm actually helping the puppeteer in and out of the plants. I didn't have to worry about that the last time I did the show, because we had two techies. And, I have many a set change and fast costume change. I actually get quite the workout in the show. Oh, and after being a patron of the Lazy Susan for the past fourteen years or so, I actually get to work the revolve. . . six times, in fact. Eh! Exciting huh!

I'm also thankful that I'm part of such a nice and fun cast. I've been in theater for many years and have worked with some casts that I wished I hadn't had the pleasure of working with. Not the case here. I always look forward to coming in and working with everyone.

Well, that's enough for now. You know I like to keep my post short and to the point. BTW, if you are interested in coming to see the show, let me know. The friends and family rates are Tues. - Thur. $30, Fri. & Sun. $35, and Sat. $40. Those amounts do include a pre-tip, although the servers do appreciate any extra.

Hope to see you there.

4 comments:

Krissy Doyle said...

I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying things a bit more!

Ron Curameng said...

That's great to hear that you are enjoying the company of your cast and your debut at the LSDT. Planning on seeing it! Are the "urchins"....sistas?

Antonio said...

Ron, our urchins are the United Colors of Bennetton. We have a sistah, a latina, and a caucasoid (Dena). And, one of the girls' understudies is Asian. You can see pics on my Facebook page.

Ron Curameng said...

ASIAN???!!!! Gotta go see it!