Monday, August 24, 2009

Shh! I'm Hunting Wabbits

So, the other day I got home from work, opened up the front door, and had the worst smell hit me. Right about the same time, Kristen came home and smelled it and identified it as a dead animal. We spent the next few minutes trying to figure out where it was coming from. I finally pinpointed the area of the smell, the chair in the living room. So, Kristen pulled back the chair and discovered the source. It was a dead mangled rabbit and there was a streak of blood trailing form it. You're probably wondering how a dead rabbit ended up in our living room. Well, that treat was compliments of a friendly young kitty named Mozart.

Mozart is one of Kristen's cats. He's a pretty black cat with long fur who loves to talk, loves to purr, and has a cute meow. But, none of that matters if you happen to be a small animal in our neighborhood, because Mozart is known for bringing home mice and birds and squirrels and now rabbits.

Unfortunately, yours truly cannot handle picking up dead animals without upchucking. Especially mangled ones. Luckily, Kristen has the stomach for that.

BTW, Kristen made fun of me because, while she scooped up the rabbit, I left the room. Hey, I either leave, or she ends up cleaning up after Mozart and me. I'm just sayin'.


Next time on BruDog Haven: Ass Don't Smell?!

56 comments:

Jim Lawson said...

Wouldn't it have been funny if Mozart had written Kill da Wabbit, Kill da Wabbit?

Jim Lawson said...

As in Elmer Fudd.

Jim Lawson said...

I thought I needed to explain.

Jim Lawson said...

Sorry for leaving so many messages.

Jim Lawson said...

I just realized that I left another message when I was apologizing for leaving so many messages.

Jim Lawson said...

There I go again!

Jim Lawson said...

This has got to stop.

Jim Lawson said...

Because when you check to see how many people have commented it is going to look like there is a lot when it is only me.

Jim Lawson said...

I don't want to give you a false sense of excitement when you see the number of comments.

Jim Lawson said...

Because that would feel bad when you see that they are all from me.

Jim Lawson said...

And then you'll start to resent having me as a friend.

Jim Lawson said...

Which would be awful because you have meant so much to me over the years.

Jim Lawson said...

I didn't mean to make it sound that we were more than just friends, it just came out that way.

Jim Lawson said...

What am I saying, of course we are more than just friends.

Jim Lawson said...

I remember the summer when you had that flat tire and saw you on the lonely road.

Jim Lawson said...

You were trying to change the tire and were wearing a white shirt.

Jim Lawson said...

You had removed your shirt because you didn't want to get it dirty...

Jim Lawson said...

...and sweaty.

Jim Lawson said...

You asked if I could help you....

Jim Lawson said...

....change your flat.

Jim Lawson said...

I told you I was new at things like this and I was nervous....

Jim Lawson said...

...but excited.

Jim Lawson said...

You told me not to worry and that everything was going to be....

Jim Lawson said...

...just fine.

Jim Lawson said...

You said I should remove my shirt too. You didn't want me to ruin my clothes with tire grease.

Jim Lawson said...

I resisted at first.

Jim Lawson said...

My head was spinning.

Jim Lawson said...

This was all so new to me.

Jim Lawson said...

You gently too me by the hand...

Jim Lawson said...

and lead me to the jack.

Jim Lawson said...

"Pump, Jim, Pump!" you said.

Jim Lawson said...

"But's too hard" I said.

Jim Lawson said...

"No, don't you worry 'bout a thing" you said. "Antonio's here".

Jim Lawson said...

"That's right, my friend, I trust you" I said.

Jim Lawson said...

With the flat changed, you offered me a cup of your sweet lemonade...

Jim Lawson said...

Which you kept in your trunk.

Jim Lawson said...

Oh, it tasted so good on the hot day.

Jim Lawson said...

I finished mine quickly...

Jim Lawson said...

and you offered me yours.

Jim Lawson said...

Yours seemed to be a little stronger tasting than mine.

Jim Lawson said...

You said that it was because your taste buds were more mature than mine and you needed a stronger drink.

Jim Lawson said...

Then you put your meaty arm around me and laughed a deep laugh.

Jim Lawson said...

You then had me put my head on your shoulder.

Jim Lawson said...

I could feel your warm breath on the nape of my neck.

Jim Lawson said...

We were breathing as one...

Jim Lawson said...

Two hearts, one breath

Jim Lawson said...

ebony and ivory..

Jim Lawson said...

Two well-fit men in perfect condition

Jim Lawson said...

Going where I had never gone before or have never gone since...

Jim Lawson said...

Then Mark Minnick pulled up and told us to stop acting so gay. made us get in our cars and drive away.

Jim Lawson said...

Thank you, Mark....

Jim Lawson said...

and....

Jim Lawson said...

...Antonio.

Antonio said...

Um. . . Jim, I hope you realize that my stomach is still hurting from laughing so hard after reading your comment(s) yesterday.

Jim Lawson said...

I love you, man! What was your first reaction when you saw that you received 53 comments?

Ron Curameng said...

WOW!