One of my favorite restaurants is Dixie Bones BBQ in Woodbridge. Oh my God, it's the best. They smoke their meats for hours in a pit. And they also have great sides.Well, I was out in that area today and, along with Joey and Larry, decided to go to Dixie Bones. But then I remembered that a new barbecue place (Smokey Bones) just recently opened up in Woodbridge. So I changed the outing to the new place. Big mistake.
It was not so great. The disappointment started with the onion rings we got as part of our appetizer. They had salt on them. I don't mean cooked in salt. It was obviously put on after it was cooked, which I didn't enjoy. A good onion ring has plenty of flavor on it's own. Especially when dipped in beer batter.
The other problem I had was the ribs. Same problem. Too salty. I mean, it's barbecue. It's not supposed to be salty. It's supposed to either be sweet or tangy or spicy or all of the above. I actually didn't get to the ribs at the restaurant because I was full. But I did try one when I got home. Luckily I had some barbecue sauce at home to drown out the salt.
I think I will stick with Dixie Bones or the Famous Dave's, which is also in that area.
4 comments:
Oh my! At last I find someone who understand that salt IS NOT WELCOME many times. he he. Hi.
Hi RocĂo. I think too much salt on a dish can ruin a whole meal, and it did in this case.
Kevin and I tried that place too. We both thought it was nasty!!!! The ribs were very dry, salty and the sweet tea was gross too!
I forgot to mention the beef brisket. It was so dry. Thank goodness once again for the bottle of sause I had at home.
Post a Comment