Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Things That Make You Go,"WHY"

Why do people think that they can just walk up and say anything to you? Especially if you are in anyway different from them.

A few weeks ago, I was grocery shopping at the Giant. As I was standing in the cashier line, some guy comes up behind me and says, "Aw man. You should go play for the Redskins. They could use your help right now. They need a big guy like you."

I started to turn around and say, "You don't know me like that." But then I thought, why bother? He probably wouldn't even get what I was trying to say.

Sometimes I'll be walking down the street, and someone will say, "What's up big man." I know I'm a big guy. Do I need total strangers pointing it out to me. Maybe I should start responding with, "Hey big nose!" or "What's up receding hair line?"

3 comments:

Mary said...

Do it!

Jim Lawson said...

Antonio - I got a call from the Ravens, they would like to know if you and I would consider being linesmen for the rest of the season. They offered $50 a game but we'd have to pay for own parking at the stadium. What do you say Big Man?

I honestly think that people say things like that for a couple of reasons. 1 - They're clueless to others feelins and 2 - You seem like such an approachable & friendly guy on first impressions that you make them feel comfortable. Just a thought, not a sermon.

Chris Suchan said...

I swear - that is one of the most annoying things - people do it to me all the time too - ugh, annoying!