This past Saturday, I had a fun evening out at the DC Improv with Andi. We laughed, we cried, it was better than Cats. OK there was no crying or Cats, but it was a good time.
We saw some comic named DC Benny (can you guess where he's from?). He's been on Last Comic Standing, The Chris Rock Show, Law And Order, and a few other things. I had never heard of him, but he was funny. He had a few stories that ran a little long, but over all he made us laugh.
As funny as that part of the evening was, it got even funnier later. We decide to walk up Connecticut Ave. to find a place to get a cup of coffee. As we're walking, we look across the street and notice a crowd of people in front of a club wearing bunny ears. They then start parading down the street. Well, my friend decides that she wants to go over and meet them down at the corner. Girl, what, is you crazy. This is DC, land of weirdos. So, we crossed. You know what? I'm glad we did.
Everyone was all dressed up in either bunny ears, bunny suits, wigs, make-up, or all of the above. Some of them were carrying baskets and as they passed us, they gave us Easter candy. Mighty fun!
Now here's the best part. One of the partyers was a tall effeminate gentleman wearing platforms, a white jumpsuit, shades, and a huge Afro wig with bunny ears sticking out of the top. He referred to himself as "Disco Bunny!" Well, he came over and gave us both a huge hug. He had obviously been partying for a while already. How do I know this? Well, Disco Bunny reeked of booze and sweat. Nasty, but funny all the same.
3 comments:
What! No picture of Disco Bunny?
I was thinking the exact same thing. Unfortunately, I generally don't carry my camera around, and my cell phone camera doesn't have a flash. Plus, it wouldn't have mattered much anyway because my cell phone's screen died on Friday.
Antonio keep the damn camera w/you at all times. Remember you have a blog!
Post a Comment