My funny friend Dena said something to me today. She pointed out that I kept reminding her over and over again to read my blog. Then once she started looking at it regularly, there were less and less post. Sorry Dena.
Hmm let's see. . . Oh yeah, two weeks ago, Andi and I did the AMC Theatres' Best Picture Showcase. Each year, on the Saturday before the Oscars, AMC Theatres does an all day screening of the five movies up for Best Picture. For $30 you get an all day pass which includes admission and all the popcorn you can eat. They also have trivia games throughout the day with free movie passes as prizes.
It's loads of fun. . . if you can sit that long. Actually, we only did four of the movies. Because we had both already seen Juno we decided to skip it and come back later.
Hey, do you remember my previous post about sneaking into movies. Well, I've become a serial sneaker. I went to see Jumper and ended up seeing Step Up 2, The Bank Job, 10,000 BC, and Semi-Pro (I could have done without that last one, but the price was right). Yeah, that's right. Five movies. . . In one day. Can you say, "No life." I actually almost sneaked into a sixth movie, but I was way too hungry. The only thing I had eaten was some popcorn during the first movie.
Notice that locations, dates, and times are never mentioned in these post. I don't want to get caught.
6 comments:
My 80 plus parents would eagerly call me from the movie theatres just to tell me that they are at a movies using the gift card that I gave them and they are going to sneeak into another...Ughhhh..My parents are so ghetto!
Hey! Wait a minute! Are you calling me ghetto?! Just cause I sneak into movies, that makes me ghetto? Just cause I used to enjoy me a grilled gove'ment cheese sammich don't mean I'm ghetto!
I think it sounds like a great idea! And the Oscars thing is brilliant. I wish they did that around here.
Mary, because of the screening, this was the first time ever that I've seen all the movies that were up for Best Oscar.
I want some credit for encouraging you to be a serial sneaker like me, BruDog! *evil laugh*
Aww Baby, look at you commenting on my blog. Bless yo' heart. I shall let the world know that you are a bad influence on me.
Post a Comment