Thursday, March 13, 2008

Field Trip!

I've decided to organize a field trip. But, not just any field trip. I've decided to organize a field trip to Chicago. But, not just any field trip to Chicago. I've decided to organize a "ghetto" field trip to Chicago. There's a woman in Chicago who, for $20, offers a three-hour Ghetto Bus Tour through the south side of Chicago. On this tour, you get to see the "ghetto" up close, and you get to actually talk to some of the people who live there who tell you about the history of the neighborhood. One stop includes a dimly lit building that has no working elevator.

Oddly enough, it's getting harder and harder to conduct these tours because the city is gradually tearing down the ghetto areas in a $1.6 billion revitalization plan.

So folks, we had better get it together and book now. I wonder if a meal is served on the tour. Perhaps a grilled gov'ment cheese sa'mich and powdered milk. Or some ketchup soup. Oh, and don't worry about souvenirs. The tour ends with a visit to the "Ghetto Gallery" gift shop.

See more info at Beauty's Ghetto Bus Tours.

4 comments:

Krissy Doyle said...

Sign me up!

Chris Suchan said...

Count me in too!

Jim Lawson said...

I took the tour in early 2005. Jimmy "J.J." Walker was my guide, Florida served up the sa'miches, James drove the beat up school bus, Michael screamed "Whitey!" at me the whole time and Thelma was my belly-warmer. I only paid $8. Inflation, jeez!

Ron Curameng said...

WHAT THE F**K??????