Friday, March 13, 2009

If You Only New The Power Of Fitness

Check out what I saw on Fox 5 Morning News today. They did a story about the Combattitude Fighting Fitness Academy in Columbia, MD and it's C.L.A.N.S. Of The Revolution class. Right now, you're probably saying, "Clans of what?" Well, it's a Lightsaber fitness class. That's right! The class consists of mock Jedi fighting. They actually have plastic light-up Lightsabers that they "fight" with.

Now, when I first saw this, I figured how geeky can you get? A bunch of nerdy guys pretending to be Luke Skywalker. But, guess what. They didn't all look geeky. And, there were women in the class, including some sistahs. And, the instructer is actually a Hollywood fight choreographer/stunt man with credits including Blade and Spiderman. As I watched more and more of the segment, it looked kind of fun. And, they're getting exercise in the process. They even had one guy who "works out" there three times a week who has lost fifty pounds. Hey, if the force helps you lose weight. I say, "Use the force!"

BTW, in case you were wondering, C.L.A.N.S. stands for Clans, Legions. Aliens, Nobles, and Soldiers.

No comments: