I played Bru Bear in the West End's annual production of Babes In Toyland for ten years straight. I loved every minute of it. Two things always warmed my heart when I did the production, the moment when we'd each bring a child up on stage during the final "Toyland" song, and seeing the families that would come back year after year, including my own.
So, why this trip down memory lane? Well, this past Saturday, I cleaned out my desk drawers, something I've been meaning to do for years. Mostly what I found were old bills and statements. However, what inspired today's post was an envelope that I had forgotten I had from Girl Scout Troop 2906.

Back in 1995, Troop 2906 was working on it's theater badge. One of the girls' tasks was to watch a professional apply makeup. Well, since I was a toy bear in the show, I was the obvious choice. So, they got to watch me and ask questions and then see the performance afterward.
Weeks later, I received an envelope at the theater. That envelope was filled with letters that each of the girls from troop 2906 wrote to me, thanking me for the opportunity. I had forgotten that I still had those letters until I found them while cleaning.
I've included my favorites throughout this post. The last one is my most favorite.
1 comment:
It was very nice of you to welcome all of those little girls into your dressing room. Now lets see, they would all be of legal age now, wouldn't they be???
Post a Comment