Saturday, September 23, 2006

$375


Yes, that's how much I shelled out this weekend for a new windshield. On a Sunday morning a few months ago, I got in my car and noticed an odd reflection coming from the lower left corner of my windshield. At first I thought it was a streak of water from the morning dew that was on the whole windshield. Once I turned on my windshield wipers and noticed that it didn't go away, that's when I realized it was a small but unfortunately significant crack. So of course it couldn't be repaired.

So I had to pay $375 to replace my windshield. I think mine was more expensive, because my rear view mirror is attached to the windshield. And of course I had to get it done now because it's starting to get cold and I don't want it to get worse. Ugh! I could have made an extra car payment with that money. If it isn't one thing, it's another.

Can't a brotha get ahead.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I have a 2003 Element and have replaced my windshield w/o fail once a year. I thought there was a curse on me and then yesterday I got one of those class action thingys that said Honda would reimburse you for replacing windshields in 2003 Element. Apparently they crack at the slightest or NO impact! No shit. Here's the thing. When I fill out the form and the amount I am claiming do I put the total or my deductible that I actually paid. Shouldn't my morals give me the answer? (Didn't your insurance cover it Antonio?)

The Follow Spot said...

AMEN!! I hear ya. Ya Antonio what kinda insurance do you have. The Bruthas Auto claim and check cashing insurance??
Mary - sadly, you declare what you have paid...Vote, Vote - I vote for a little honesty in the country. They better have fixed the Element problem or else

Antonio said...

I don't think my insurance covers it but I will have to check and see. That would be great if it did.

Mark, I have Senate Insurance. KISS MY BUMPER! JUST KISS IT!

Just kidding, I have State Farm. Electa's sisters is my agent.